Friday, November 06, 2009

Blogger's Challenge #124: Technique Time!



Our challenge today was to feature a technique. I love to heat emboss and this is a fun way to do that!

First, decide on your background image. I used Bella Toile background stamp in Dusty Durango. I allowed that to dry and then used my embossing buddy over it. Then, using a Versamark pad and Clear Embossing powder, I stamped and embossed the Medallion stamp right over the first image. This allows you to "protect" parts of the background image with another image. Then, I sponged all over the Medallion image with Soft Suede and a Sponge Dauber.

Try your hand at this technique and also check out what techniques the other Blogger's Challenge members were trying out this week!

15 comments:

Tiffany Bauer said...

This is beautiful!!! I don't emboss much but I definitly will give this technique a try!! TFS!!

Pat Huntoon said...

Nicely done, Lisa!

Basement Stamper said...

Gorgeous card, your heat embossing is beautiful...it's definitely a challenge for me to do good heat embossing.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your pretty card- great idea too! TFS

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful resist card Lisa - love your colors.

Ida P. Krause said...

Lovely, warm and rich looking card. I like the idea of embossing over an image with another image.

Robin Merriman said...

This is gorgeous! Love your stamp and color combo so much - super job!

Jane Bosi said...

Lovely! Did I say, LOVELY???? Well done!

Rachel Hope said...

So pretty! love the vintage look!

Selene Kempton said...

Striking and gorgeous, i love how you see the stamped image through the embossing!

njburk said...

I love to emboss--your card is great--love the way you did it.

Claudia said...

What a cool technique! And that Medallion was just perfect for it...

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This turned out beautifully Lisa! Love that medallion! I'm going to have to try this! :D

Anonymous said...

I found this site using [url=http://google.com]google.com[/url] And i want to thank you for your work. You have done really very good site. Great work, great site! Thank you!

Sorry for offtopic

Connie said...

Beautiful technique! Great job this week!