Friday, June 25, 2010

Blogger's Challenge #157: Color Challenge

Lisa challenged us to use kiwi (green), blue and white for our colors this week.  I chose to switch to Old Olive for my green since it is close to kiwi and  I could use it for my upcoming displays and made a second one, though, cause I needed to send a very late thank you to a friend.  For my blues, I used a combo of Baja Breeze, Marina Mist and Pacific Point...a total sneak peek combination!

The images are also a sneak peek!  They are from a brand new level one hostess set called Because I Care. 

To create my image, I inked the entire image with my Versamark pad.  Then, I used the various colors mentioned to color the flower and leaves.  I stamped on my cardstock and added Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder and heated it.  Love the glossy look and the texture heat embossing gives!

The polka dotted card base is thanks to my Big Shot and the Polka Dot Impressions folder and the Thank You tag is from a group of Big Shot Sizzlets called Lots of Tags.

Thanks for looking and be sure to see what the other players did with this fab color combo!

18 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful! Love the Hydrangea!

Tami Black said...

This is totally gorgeous! I am not a fan of this set and haven't opened it but you may have just converted me...

Shelly Schmidt said...

I think everyone will be owning that pretty hydrangia! Love your card! TFS

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is gorgeous Lisa! I love all of the blues that you mixed together! I ended up using Old Olive as well! :D

Stampin in the suburbs said...

REally pretty. What a great flower image and so nicely done.

Ida said...

How lovely. The Hydrangea looks fantastic with these colors.

Lisa Martz said...

Pretty! I love this stamp set!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

So beautiful! Love your card,

Rachel Hope said...

Very pretty, I love the two shades of blue

Claudia Perry said...

Lisa, this card is perfect! I bet the embossing looks stunning in real!

BarbaraW said...

Lovely card. Love the hydrangea.

Lori said...

Beautiful, Lisa! Those blues work fabulously together.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Luv it GF, and thanks for the sneakers!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh those colors look great together. I just got to see the new colors today! FUN!!! Gorgeous card, Lisa!

Patti Chesky said...

So pretty Lisa! Love the mix of colors on the flower.

Connie Fossenier said...

Ooooh...oooh...love that flower it is calling me...love the way you embossed it looks so soft. perfect BG of dry embossing for this challenge.
connie paxman

Barbara said...

This is just beautiful! You have inspired me to ink my set up. LOVE what you have done with it!

MJ said...

This is such a great set. I am so thankful that SU gave it to us. Beautiful card.