Friday, January 21, 2011

Blogger's Challenge #196: Pattern Papers


Our Challenge this week was to use patterned papers in our project.  I am sharing a little 3 by 3 notecard set that I made for my hostess last night.  The box is created with four of the die cuts made from the Scallop Envelope Bigz die.  (This also makes a really cute envelope!)  By adhering together the side flaps from the envelope die, you can create a little box!

The DSP  (Designer Series Paper) I chose to use is called Springtime Vintage.  I love the combination of colors that this collection offers:  Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Rose Red, Pear Pizzazz, Crumb Cake, River Rock, Very Vanilla and Always Artichoke.  Super pretty color options!

I tried a Faux Iris Folding technique on this one.  I punched the heart with the Heart Punch and then used strips of paper on the back to create a random pattern.

This one uses the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch and the new birthday set from the Occasions Mini called Bring on the Cake!

This card uses a couple of the oval shaped punches (Large Oval and Scallop Oval) with an addition of Rhinestones to add a little sparkle.

Below, you can see the links to the other creations.  We hope you are liking this new style of connecting the Blogger Challenge Players together.  The other awesome part is that you can participate, too!  Just add the link to where you are posting your card and you can play along, too!!!

15 comments:

Stampin in the suburbs said...

What a sweet gift box. I love those square cards - they are all so nice.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- you really went to town! Love your cards...I just got that DSP- love the inspiration.

Rose said...

Very cute gift box and cards. I just love 3x3's. They go together so quickly and are nice to put inside packages or leave behind as a surprise.

BarbaraW said...

Give you some design paper and there's no stopping you. Great projects.

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful gift set Lisa - love the Faux Iris Folded heart!

JP Card Crazy said...

Beautiful box and cards!!! The papers you used are so pretty. I'm sure your hostess loved them!

Nikki Bond said...

These are fantastic! Great job with the challenge. {sMILES}

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Gorgeous project! All are so beautifully created. Hugs, Gayle.

Ida said...

Very cute box and notecards. I might have to try the "Faux" iris folding (I think I could handle that). Great papers too.

Lori said...

Great set of cards! And the square box is fabulous--love how it shows off the pretty papers.

Jane Bosi said...

So cute! I love that box!

Basement Stamper said...

cute box and love the cards you included for your hostess!

Pat Huntoon said...

Love your box, Lisa!

Marsha Fisher said...

You went all out! Great gift set showing off these lovely new PP designs :0)

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is beautiful Lisa! The box is so sweet and the cards are just darling! Wonderfully done! :D