Thursday, January 10, 2008

Blogger's Challenge #29: Layout Challenge!

***Edited to add: I thought that I could link you to individual pages of the catalog but I can't! (or don't know how!) So, I've added the page numbers of the products I've talked about in this article! This way, when you get to the catty online, just drag the slide under the catty to the page you want to see!

The challenge for this week was to base our card on the "Save the Date" card on page 37 of the Spring-Summer Collection.



My card is a little different for me. It's slightly shabby chic meets clean and simple. The colors were based on an idea I got from my friend and AWESOME upline...USE THE NEW RUB-ONS STAMPIN UP HAS TO OFFER ON RIBBON!!!! Thank you, Lisa!!!! (Rub-Ons on page 182.) I used an image and words from Eastern Elegance. Each set of Rub-Ons is available for $10.95 and they are VERY cool!

I used Chocolate Chip satin ribbon from the Theater Ribbon Originals, Double-Stitched Soft Sky ribbon, and Blue Bayou and Groovy Guava Cardstock. The only ink used was Chocolate Chip. To finish the look, I stamped the flower image from A Beautiful Thing stamp set. To add a little more depth, I stamped the Paisley background on the Groovy Guava and Blue Bayou pieces.

Thanks for looking!

Lisa B.

14 comments:

MJ said...

Very pretty Lisa, love the colors and the different textures. Great job!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Fabulous Lisa. Love how you used the rub on with the ribbon, and your three images...lovely!

Anita Van Hal said...

Very pretty, Lisa! I love the colors--you were very creative with this challenge!

Anita Van Hal
http://www.anitastamps.com

Claudia Perry said...

Lisa,
your card is just gorgeous! I love, love, love those colors! So calming!
Claudia

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Great card GF! Rubon's worked together so well.

Stefanie said...

Very pretty Lisa! I love the rubons on the ribbon! That is such an awesome idea and it looks like it came that way. :)

Amber Porter said...

Lovely card! I love your use of the rub-ons!! I just ordered some and they won't be here til Monday! I can't wait to play with them!

Basement Stamper said...

Fabulous card, very elegant looking. Love the rubons on the ribbon!

Leigh OBrien said...

Nice...such a tranquil card and color combo.

Pat Huntoon said...

Oh Lisa, I really like teh rub-on's on the ribbon. Very elegant!

Lori said...

This is great. I love the different color combo and how you used the rub-ons on the ribbon--thanks for sharing that idea.

Ida said...

Super nice Lisa. Love the colors you used. Your card has a rich elegant feel to it.

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh I love the rub-on on the ribbion idea! You rock! Very pretty design.

Lisa Somerville said...

Very Pretty Lisa, great way to use those rub ons.