Friday, October 09, 2009

Blogger's Challenge #120: Sketch Challenge

I liked this sketch that our list mom Lisa gave us:

I was mostly inspired by my new stamp set Extreme Elements and started with the background. I wanted something kind of funky to go with it, so I added the Taken with Teal piece after running it through my crimper a bunch and then added the ribbon and shredded the ends! I also wanted to use the Sweet Cups from the Holiday mini catalog. Fun with glitter, isn't it?

I'm off to school! Be sure to see what the other players did and PLEASE...play along with us!!!

18 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Too cute, love your color combination and the frayed ribbon!

Connie Babbert said...

Oh...too cute, Lisa! Love th Sweet Cup and the colors with this!

Lorie said...

Oh, this is just too cute! Love the colors!

Unknown said...

super cute! Love the ribbon treatment!

Tami Black said...

This made me smile and laugh out loud! Love how you used the "grunge" stamps and this darling image -- the colors are perfect and it is such a happy card!

Basement Stamper said...

Oh, that is too sweet!!! I love the glitter in those little cups!

Patti Chesky said...

Lisa, this is so cute!! I love how you made the treat cup into a shaker. Great idea!!!

Ida said...

Fun and Funky! - Wonderful color combo. Love your frayed ribbon.

Nikki Bond said...

Very cute! Love those colors together! {SMILES}

Rachel Hope said...

Awww, cute!!!

Margaret Raburn said...

What a fun card! Your sweet treats shaker and the frayed ribbon look great here! The background stamps rock!

Shelly Schmidt said...

So dang cute. TFS

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

The frayed ribbon is such a great touch. Gorgeous card Lisa

:) Marcia P

Lori said...

What a fun card, Lisa! Love the color combination and the frayed ribbon ends. This sketch is perfect for a shaker card, isn't it?

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a sensational card Lisa! I just love how you used the Sweet Cup and the ribbon treatment is terrific too! :D

Selene Kempton said...

This is so darn cute! wonderful frayed ribbon!

Connie Fossenier said...

I love the way you incorporated all the different stamps...awesome job on this challenge.
connie paxman

Sheryl Dickinson said...

Sooo cute! Love the Sweet Treat cup with glitter. The frayed ribbon is a cool touch!