Friday, October 16, 2009

Blogger's Challenge #121: Alter it!

This may be the fastest and cheapest project ever posted on the internet!

I saved this Crystal Light container this summer and just knew it would come in handy during an alter it challenge. When looking at it today and thinking about the upcoming holidays, an idea was born. This one:



I took a piece of the flocked Christmas Cocoa specialty Designer Series paper and wrapped it around the container. Then, I spent about 5-10 minutes on my Digital Studio and designed my Curly Label tag. I cut it out and attached it with the Whisper White Satin ribbon. I cut a slot in the lid and now I've got a way to put some coins aside for Christmas splurging!

14 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Cute idea Lisa - love that DSP!

Unknown said...

This is a really cute idea! Don't you just love that flocked paper? Nice job, gf!

Patti Chesky said...

Cute idea!!! Those coins definitely add up. We use a coin jar (mine isn't this pretty) all year long and then go to the bank the week before our trip.

Isn't that flocked paper the greatest?

Ida said...

Cute project. Love the richness of the DP you used. - We did very similar projects but for different holidays.

Connie Babbert said...

Very cute project and so timely! Have a fun time away!

Basement Stamper said...

That turned out great, what a wonderful idea!!! I might have to make one of these for my oldest, I think his big bottle piggy bank is getting old :-)

Rachel Hope said...

Great idea!!! Fun paper!

MJ said...

What a cute idea Lisa. I love it. I may have to try it myself.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Thanks for the great idea Lisa! This would be perfect for the kids at school when we do our unit on money! :D

Lori said...

What a great idea! Love how you reused the container for a good cause!

tonistamps said...

Gorgeous paper Lisa! And I love the idea!

Margaret Raburn said...

Very good idea! Your canister came out so pretty and your tag is great!

Selene Kempton said...

This is adorable! That paper is one of my favorites this year!

Sheryl Dickinson said...

Great idea--not only altering the container, but to make it for Christmas savings! TFS