Friday, October 23, 2009

Blogger's Challenge # 122: NO LAYERS!

This is always so HARD for me! When I first began stamping, I never added layers. Now that I have for years, it's hard to go back to that! I need some dimension!



I began by taking the new Ornament punch and making my own stencil with it. Then, I sponged the ornaments with Ruby Red and Old Olive ink onto the Kraft cardstock. I used my Paper-Piercing tool (now available without the kit for only $3.50!!!) and made tiny holes to hold my Silver Elastic Cord (my dimension!) I stamped the sentiment from Heard From the Heart but it wasn't quite complete. I used the Corner Rounder punch to round each corner and then sponged away all around the edge to frame the card.

Please take some time to see what the other players in this challenge were up to! You will not be disappointed!!!

15 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Great job creating ornaments with your stenciled punch! Glad you played along with this weeks "hard" challenge!

Tami Black said...

This may have been hard for you but it is gorgeous beyond belief! Love this card and think you have a masterpiece here!

Amy Caraluzzi said...

Very pretty, Lisa! I love stenciling with this punch!

Ida said...

Really Nice card. Love the layered look you achieved with the ornaments.

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is an awesome card- I love the colors you used, and the way you strung up the ornaments. Great challenge card. TFS

Nikki Bond said...

Gorgeous! Love all the sponging! {SMILES}

Unknown said...

Very cool, Lisa! love the pretty simplicity of this card!

Barbara said...

This is wonderful, Lisa! I love the softness of the ornaments that you've created by "stencilling" them on the card front. Just lovely!!!!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Very pretty Lisa! Love all of the sponging! You really did a wonderful job with this challenge! :D

Lori said...

Fabulous idea to create a stencil with a punch, Lisa!

Sheryl Dickinson said...

This is gorgeous! Love these colors on the Kraft card stock.

Chrissy D said...

Very pretty Lisa - love the way you masked the ornaments!

Basement Stamper said...

great ornament card! Love the sponging on the card.

Connie Fossenier said...

Perfect masking and color combo...wonderful technique for this challenge.
connie paxman

Selene Kempton said...

This is great! I love how soft the stenciled ornaments are!