Thursday, October 02, 2008

Blogger's Challenge #67 Falling for you PLUS A Color Challenge....


Can I make the title any longer? This is what happens when you combine two challenges into one. I combined my Blogger's Challenge this week with Kristina Werner's color challenge.

The Challenge that Lisa issued was "Falling for You" based on Love/Anniversary. Of course, I'm a sap for my dh, so I made my anniversary card a tad bit early. He'll probably see it early, too. I love him so much. I totally had given up on getting married, joking several times about starting the first Lutheran convent. Then, God placed a new pastor in my church and then in my heart. Actually, I think in the reverse order. I met him when he was visiting before he actually accepted the call to be the pastor and I started flirting that day. He comments on that day that either I was a lot of fun or totally crazy. I wonder if he's decided yet....

Color challenge #24 by Kristina Werner was pumpkin pie, kiwi kiss, chocolate chip and very vanilla. The technique I used is from Technique Junkies. LOVE those ideas, Pat!!!! I know I've shared before but I've been a subscriber for a LONG time and it's SO worth it!!!

Thanks for checking out ALL of the challenges. One more thing...come to my Stampin' Stampede (thanks Patti C!) next Tuesday!!! It's going to be a BLAST!

24 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

You are too funny!!! Love the color combo with this image, it works very well.

Sherri said...

Cute sentiment!!

Lisa Somerville said...

See, aren't you glad I issued a Falling for You Challenge! I'm sure Steve will love it!

Anonymous said...

Lisa, this is such a great card. I really like the colours and the style.

:) Marcia

Lynn Mercurio said...

Fabulous card! Love the rope "ribbon" embellishment..it's a perfect compliment to the focal image. Great job with BOTH challenges.

Nikki Bond said...

This is gorgeous..love the masculine approach! Perfect card for this challenge! {SMILES}

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Such a great masculine card...your husband will love it. That cord goes so well with that set...

Chrissy D said...

Lisa, thanks for sharing a bit of your story with us! Love your take on falling for you! I had romance in my head and it is refreshing to see everyone elses different designs! Your card is great! TFS!

Barb Hardeman said...

You and DH are a precious couple! This is a great card, perfect for the love of your life!

Ladystamper said...

Great card and sweet story!

Kristen said...

Great card and the colors are perfect. I'm glad you could get one card for both challenges. That is a challenge within its self.

Unknown said...

Great card, Lisa and an even better story! I always knew you had a wild streak!
Love how you used the rope for an accent - is that how you "roped" your man? heehee

Regina Cornelius regcorn@zoominternet.net said...

great card! great minds think alike...i combined the same two challenges :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Lisa, I love this! Great detail with the White Gel pen and love the roping! You ROCK girl!

Catherine said...

i like this =)

Ida said...

Really great card. I love the color combo and of course the Cowboy image. I also loved hearing how you met your hubby!

Brooke S said...

Love the paper you created... Great card!!

Hugs
Brooke

Selene Kempton said...

Oh this is too clever! I like the image for the falling for you theme.. Too cool, great job!

Anita Van Hal said...

this is wonderful! especially love the background you made...very nice! thank you so much for sharing!

Amy Caraluzzi said...

Great card and what a sweet story...I had an "aaawwww!" moment! Happy Anniversary!

Lori said...

This is fantastic, Lisa! Perfect color and image combo for a masculine card.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Wonderful card Lisa, and such a sweet story about you and your husband! :D

Barbara said...

Sweet "how we met" story....and a GREAT card! Hubby is sure to love it...it's a wonderful Anniversary card! Happy Anniversary...early!

Anonymous said...

Great "love" card, Lisa! I'm sure your DH will love it. I really like how you did the background--very cool!