Friday, October 17, 2008

Blogger's Challenge #69: Color Challenge!



Our challenge for this week was to create a card using Riding Hood Red, Old Olive and Really Rust. Since I finally figured out how to cut the cardstock for a Warhol card (and kept the measurements written on a post-it on my stampin station) I thought I would use that as my start.

We could also use a neutral with it and I chose Very Vanilla. I embossed the images on each piece and then added the paper piercing.

Although hard to see, I've used lots of dimensionals to pop each section up. I love dimensionals. I used to be so stingy with those and now, I go crazy with them!

Thanks for looking and be sure to see what the other players were up to this week.



Card Recipe:
Stamp set: Pocket Silhouettes
Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Really Rust, Very Vanilla
Ink: Very Vanilla Craft ink
Other: Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy, Vanilla Stampin' Embossing Powder, Crafter's Tool Kit, Stampin' Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive

11 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Lovely...beautiful layout and execution!

Pat Huntoon said...

I know you are out of town, but I just wanted to say that I am gobsmacked by how pretty this is, Lisa!

Patti Chesky said...

Lisa, this is so pretty!! I love the fluidity of it!!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful Lisa. Love the Vanilla embossing!

Chrissy D said...

Lisa- this is GORGEOUS! I love this. Beautifully done! TFS!

Ida said...

This is great! I love the White Embossed images on these colors.

Lisa Somerville said...

Love it Lisa - great stamps for a Warhol and the colors are perfect!

Anonymous said...

That white just jumps right off the card! Wow! Great card.

:) Marcia

Lori said...

Lisa, this is fantastic! The white embossed images really pop against the bold colors.

MJ said...

This is wonderful. I love the color blocking. Great idea.

Kristen said...

This is gorgeous. Couldn't have been nicer. I love the white stamped agianst the color. TFS