Monday, July 30, 2007

Christmas swap...


I am home from convention! I am TIRED and THRILLED all at once. I met some AWESOME women, including my upline, Lisa Somerville, in person for the first time! She is so cool...some would even say "uber-cool!"


I participated in a Christmas swap with a group of women on SCS. Liz Schultz organized the swap. This is the card I made. It uses a new set from the catalog called Baby Jesus is Born. I used the lids of the ink pads and an aquapainter to watercolor the image. The image is stamped with Basic Brown (did you know you can watercolor with basic brown and basic black...you need to allow it to dry thoroughly before watercoloring...learned that tip from Shannon West at Stampin' Up.) It's layered on a piece of Purely Pomegranete with strips of Old Olive to make the frame. The base of the card is Kraft cardstock. The saying is stamped with basic brown onto Soft Sky and punched with the word window punch. The final touch was a folded piece of Old Olive wide grosgrain ribbon. Thanks for looking! I'll be sharing more about convention when I'm not recovering.


One cool quick thing to share...all of the stamp sets in future mini catalogs will ALL be DIE-CUT!!! That's exciting!


Lisa

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Hi Lisa! I'm so glad you made it home safe & sound. Your Christmas card was one of my favorites from the swap!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Lisa!

So much fun meeting you this week - you rock! Just wanted to tell you that there was a lady on the plane home who had your zebra swap (awesome by the way) and she had it in a small bag of her FAVORITES from convention! Hope you enjoy hearing that! :)
Have a great week!
Robin