Sunday, July 22, 2007

SWAPS! or "A Tale of the Subconscious"


Have I shared that I'm working on my convention swaps, yet? Oh boy, am I! I had decided a long time ago that 50 would be enough. Then, as I was finally prepping and working on the the idea for my general swap last night, I kept thinking that I should come up with another design and do 50 more. As I was stamping and wheeling my background, I looked at the pile of cardstock I had prepped for my background and the all of the other components, it dawns on me...DUH! I had cut at least 100 of everything! DUH! When you divide 25 sheets of cardstock into four pieces, you will end up with 100 not 50! SUPER DUH? Do you see how blonde I am in that picture...well with a little help from Jackie who cuts my hair...but boy, did I prove it to myself tonight. I got straight A's in math all through school. I love to teach math. Obviously, it was my subconscious taking over and getting me to make the 100!


I will share pictures of that later. I'm still coloring the zebra and haven't actually put a finished product together. The card that I'm sharing today was another that I made while "on the journey" to figuring out my shoebox swap. I liked this card but couldn't figure out how to prep the pieces for someone else to put it together without me teaching it. So, tomorrow, my plan is to share the final product!
Card Recipe:
Sets: Bud Basics, Outline jumbo wheel, In My Thoughts
Ink: Groovy Guava, River Rock
Cardstock: River Rock Groovy Guava, Naturals Ivory
Other: Dimensionals, Perfect Layers tool, Ice Circle Rhinestone, Paper snips
Thanks for looking!
Lisa

No comments: