Wednesday, August 22, 2007

More stamping for school...

I did more stamping for school today. I made another sign for a different bulletin board using Big Deal ABC and the new Star-Studded Season from the Holiday Mini catalog (you can start ordering on Sept. 1!!!!! There are so many good things in that little catty and remember that all of the sets are die-cut...that was really helpful cause I hadn't mounted it yet but without having to cut, I mounted it in a flash and stamped away! I also made WANTED posters to hang in the hallway by my room and then distressed them like I did the sign in my last post...but...I didn't take time to scan either of these creations! I am such a tease!


So, I'll share a card that I made for the July contest for SU. I didn't win but I'm still hoping to see one of them on the Stamper's Showcase...
I actually did this as a make and take for a workshop in July (hope you see this M.A.A.) The contest submission was for embossing. I used the pink passion craft ink to ink up the big U. Then, using the little flower stamp, I stamped off the ink from the stamp and then stamped onto the cardstock. Since I was using the craft inks, I sprinkled clear embossing powder over and heated it. The round tab punch is folded and embellished with silver brads to make it look like a clipboard (not my original idea but I can't remember who to give credit to...) The colors on this card are Wild Wasabi, Pink Passion and Barely Banana. I really liked that combo!
Thanks for looking! Friends have mentioned reading the blog so that makes me very happy!
Have a great night....
Lisa

No comments: